You might have noticed photos with a logo, stamp, or signature on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+ and on the Internet in general. Those logo, stamp or signature are nothing but the watermarks superimposed on an image, with a great deal of transparency.
The most common use of it to protect the copyright of photos and images. It restrains the illegal use of creative material without the permission of its creator. In addition, Watermark is used to make a very effective way to promote your brand or website. Although, watermarks are extremely useful in many ways.
By considering these facts, you must use a watermark to prevent misuse of your images. In this article, I have listed some best WordPress plugins to add Watermark to images.
So, there are various WordPress plugins for available in WordPress plugins repository. These plugins can help you automatically add watermark to images in WordPress.
Envira Gallery is the best responsive WordPress gallery plugin. It allows you to create beautiful and mobile friendly image galleries into your WordPress site. This drop and drag photo gallery plugin that is easy and powerful. It also has a watermark add-on feature to easily include a watermark in your images.
- Easy to use intuitive interface
- Attractive image galleries using the default settings
- Fully responsive gallery layouts
- Good selection of options for presenting the galleries and lightboxes
- Custom CSS support for additional styling options
- Can be up and running very quickly
Scissors and Watermark:
Scissors and Watermark involve cropping, resizing, rotating, and watermarking functionality. Unlike other WordPress plugins, it extends the media settings page for the image enhancements. It improves the quality of image uploaded by resampling it.
By using bilinear filtering, it reduces the time taken to transfer (upload) the image.
Easy Watermark plugin:
Easy Watermark adds your watermark of choice to selected image once upload to WordPress. Through this plugin, you can automatically or manually add watermark to images as they are uploaded to WordPress media library.
Related read: How to Delete Multiple Images in WordPress Media Gallery
- All built-in image sizes can be watermarked
- You can set the text color, size, and rotation
- Full support for transparency and alpha channel in png and gif files
- Possibility to remove watermark by restoring the original image
- Fully translatable
Signature Watermark includes a transparent image watermark as well as a text signature in a smart way. It adds the image watermark to the center of your image. Through this, anyone can’t even crop your watermark out and use the rest of the image.
- Fully Adjustable Text and Image Watermark Positions
- Highest Quality Watermarks using Image Resampling rather than Re-sizing
- You can control the watermark size is controlled as a percentage of the target image.
Watermark reloaded is the plugin that you must have in your WordPress plugins list. It gives you an ample amount of options to configure your watermark according to the design of your blog. The plugin allows you to create watermark with different fonts, colors and applies those watermarks to different image sizes.
- Watermark created by is fairly inflexible
- Watermark background color
- Text watermark with an outline
- Text watermark with variables
- Upload time option to turn off the watermark
I recommend using Scissors and Watermark plugin to watermark your images as it is a dual-feature plugin.