SEMrush is a powerful and versatile competitive intelligence tool that is used by many numbers of sites with different purposes. Developed by SEMrush.inc, the tool allows you to analyze massive amounts of SEO data. It lets you do keyword research, keeps track of keyword ranking, checks inbound links, checks competitor ranks & does a complete SEO audit of your blog.
SEMrush makes it easy to figure out high rated keywords that will be beneficial for website ranking. It keeps track on organic positions for domains, to use landing URLs, and can give insight on your competition.
If you owning a business on the internet, I recusing SEMrush to make your job a lot easier.
The SEMrush Tool comprised of 4 main sections:
- Domain Analytics,
- Keyword Analytics,
- Projects that check the visibility and health of a domain’s digital marketing efforts,
- My Reports that generates custom reports that combine research from SEMrush’s Domain Analytics, Keyword Analytics, and Projects sections into a deliverable PDF.
In this article, we will check 5 ways how you can use SEMrush to instantly improve your site’s SEO.
1. Identify your Competitors
There are many websites that give contents like or substitute of contents you are marketing. Such Competition is the competition of two or more sites that target the same visitors. To become successful in the long run, you have to find your competitors and analyze their strengths and weaknesses to defeat them.
SEMrush is the best tool to map your competitors. It provides you the most accurate data on your competitors so that you can start working on your strategy right away.
While searching for Competitors, it also allows you to extract your competition’s top ranking content. You just need to open up the Pages section on SEMrush to generate your competitor’s report. This report will give you overall pages through which your competitor has a ranking in the top.
If clicking on any of the pages it will generate further estimation. For example, organic search traffic, the cost of that traffic, the total number of keywords, backlink data, etc.
2. Identifies Top Ranking Keyword:
Keywords in your contents make it possible for people to find your site via search engines. Keywords and SEO are directly connected when it comes to running a winning search marketing campaign. Because keywords are foundational for all your other SEO efforts.
SEMrush has this yet another feature that is beyond useful. It allows you review the top ranking organic keywords for your site. It also discovers your organic SEO strategy.
To do so, Go to SEMrush search bar and insert your domain name. Now select organic research. You will get a report on the list of keywords that will show you how your site is performing in the search engines. Use the form at the end of this article to analyze your domain free.
3. Search High-Quality Link Building Opportunities:
SEMrush does not only give you the backlinks of your site, but it also provides your competitors’ backlinks. This feature highlights new sources that will aid you to build new backlinks and referral traffic.
It provides reports on:
- Total number of backlinks
- Follow/Nofollow backlinks
- Referring domains
- TLD (Top level distribution) distribution
- TLD Authority (.com, .net, .edu, .gov, etc.)
4. Find ways to Monetize your website:
Monetizing your website means converting existing traffic to a particular website into revenue. Making money from your website isn’t a myth. It’s possible for everyone.
Although, there are various sites that are ready to pay for the traffic you are driving through organic results.
Related Read: How to Build A Micro Niche Website to Earn Money
You can do it with SEMrush too as it makes it easy for publishers to monetize the site.
Here’s how you can go ahead:
- Go with Organic research, select the Competitors and enter your domain.
You will get a report with a list of your competitors.
- Now, select any one of them.
- Check out the Ads Keywords column and click Common Keywords.
- It will redirect you to Domain vs. domain report. In this section, you have to set the filters so that you are returning the keywords that you rank for organically and your competitor is bidding on in paid search.
It will generate a report that shows you the no. 1 website that has higher SERPs. This will aid you to bid with backlinks for the phrase to rank #1 in paid search results.
So, this is all you must know about the SEMrush Tool. It’s a power package to improve your site/blog SEO. Check your site’s statistics by entering your site’s domain name in the form below.