WordPress Database consists each and every things that you have on your WordPress site/blog. If unfortunately, your database gets erased or corrupted, you may lose everything you have written. But through a proper backup, you can quickly restore things back to normal. There are two parts to backing up your WordPress site i.e., Database and Files. For backing up, WordPress has some free Backup plugins that are powerful, free and premium.
Here, I am listing out some of the best popular and free WordPress backup plugins. I am sure this plugin will help you to easily backup and restore your entire websites in case of any problem.
BackupBuddy created by iThemes is the most secure, efficient and great plugin to maintain your own website backup files. Most of the developers suggest it as the best plugin among all Backup plugins present in the market. With BackupBuddy you can schedule regular backups of your website that you can store offsite.
- Easy Database Backups
- Schedule Backups
- Exclude Files From Backups
- Create Backup Profiles
- Restore From Your Dashboard
- Restore Entire Or Partial Backups
- Use To Migrate Themes/Websites
- Replace All URLs When Migrating
- Email Notification once has done with backup.
- Database Mass Replace (text, URLs, etc.)
- Database Repairs
With over 500,000 active users, BackWPup is second most popular WordPress plugins worldwide. It can save your complete site installation and push them to an external Backup Service. BackWPUp is extremely easy to use.
Its pro version comes with the ability to store backups on Google Drive, and some other cool features.
- WordPress XML Export
- Generate a file with installed plugins
- Optimize Database
- Check and repair Database
- File backup
- Backups in zip, tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2 format (needs gz, bz2, ZipArchive)
- Store backup to directory
- Store backup to FTP server (needs FTP)
- Store backup to Dropbox (needs curl)
- Store backup to S3 services (needs PHP 5.3.3, needs curl)
- Store backup to Microsoft Azure (Blob) (needs PHP 5.3.2, curl)
- Store backup to RackSpaceCloud (needs PHP 5.3.2, curl)
Duplicator is the free plugin that can help you to rapidly clone and deploy WordPress sites. It is designed with the ability to drift a site from one location to another location.
Note: it does not allow you for scheduled Backup. Thus, it makes itself less ideal than other plugins.
- Entire Site Backup
- Move Your Sites Quickly
- Avoid Repetitive Setups
- Templatize Your Workflows
- Create Niche Sites Fast
- Manually back up a site
- Improve Your Workflow
It is a free WordPress Backup plugin that allows you to create the complete backup of your WordPress site and store it in the cloud or download to your computer.
UpdraftPlus is considered as most trusted backup plugin. It is Widely tested, reliable, highly rated scheduled backup plugin.
- Designed to run everywhere that WordPress runs
- Quick restore (both file and database backups)
- Backup automatically on a repeating schedule
- can copy sites, and (with add-on) duplicate them at new locations
- Large sites can be split into multiple archives
This plugin creates the backup from the core of tables of your choice in the same database.
There is only a drawback of this plugin that it only backup database. That means you have to backup your media files manually.
But it is very mush useful for that user who does not have access to phpMyAdmin.
- Database Backup easily on a single click.
- Auto backup.
- Restore Database Backup easily with a single click.
- Store database backup in a safe place- Dropbox, Google drive, Amazon s3, FTP, Email.
- Search and sort database backup feature.
BlogVault backup your site in the most reliable way. Although it provides the perfect disaster-management solution for your website. The plugin backs up your site regularly in small increments.
It works like a WordPress backup service.
- Store Backup to Dropbox
- Keeps Backup history.
- Managed offsite backup
- Incremental backups
- Encrypted and Secure Backups
- World class support for any backup related queries
Note: Whichever plugin you will choose, do not store your backups on the same server as your website.
I hope this list of top rated backup plugins will help you to choose the best plugin for your WordPress site. Let me know which plugin you have chosen for your site in the comment section below.