A cache plugin serves static contents to the visitor which improve page load speed. There are so many cache plugins available in the WordPress plugin directory. WP Super Cache plugin is the best option for the beginners. This plugin is developed by the team Automattic.
This plugin stores cached pages in the memory. When a user makes a request the pages are delivered from the cache.
How to install WP Super Cache?
- Login to WordPress Admin area of your blog.
- Click plugins from the left-hand side navigation.
- Click Add new and search for “WP Super Cache” in the search bar located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Install Now
To configure this plugin go to Dashboard > Settings >> WP Super Cache
Caching on (Recommended)
- Cache hits to this website for quick access. (Recommended)
- Use PHP to serve cache files.
- Compress pages so they’re served more quickly to visitors. (Recommended)
- 304 Not Modified browser caching. Indicate when a page has not been modified since last requested. (Recommended)
- Don’t cache pages for known users. (Recommended)
- Cache rebuild. Serve a supercache file to anonymous users while a new file is being generated. (Recommended)
- Mobile device support. (External plugin or theme required. See the FAQ for further details.)
- Clear all cache files when a post or page is published or updated.
- Only refresh current page when comments made.
- List the newest cached pages on this page.
Expiry Time & Garbage Collection
- Cache Timeout: 0 seconds
- Clock: 00:00 HH:MM
- Interval: Once Daily
No need to make any changes in CDN, Contents, Preloads, Plugin sections.
After configuring WP Super cache plugin, if you see anything wrong in your sitemap don’t panic all you need to follow:
Go to Settings >> WP Super Cache >> Advanced >> Accepted Filenames & Rejected URIs >> Add here strings (not a filename) that forces a page not to be cached. And add following code below
sitemap(_index)?\.xml(\.gz)? ([a-z0-9_\-]+)?sitemap\.xsl [a-z0-9_\-]+-sitemap([0-9]+)?\.xml(\.gz)?
So this is all about WP Super cache, use these settings to get better performance out of it. Also, check Most essential plugins for WordPress blog.