Google SiteMap is an essential thing for any website or blog. Because it tells Google search engine about the website or blog. In simple words, it is a list of pages of a web site accessible to crawlers or users. It informs and directs Google search crawlers. Additionally, it helps search engine bots to find links on our blog. Through this, Google bot crawls and index it. That’s why it is essential to create SiteMap
Additionally, it helps search engine bots to find links on your blog. Through this, Google bot crawls and index it. That’s why it is essential to create SiteMap and submit it to Google Webmaster tool. But the big question for freshers is how to create a sitemap for your WordPress website.
In WordPress, there are many plugins available which will help you to do it. In SiteMap, you can add 500 pages of your website or blog. It will reach your pages along with Google to search engine.
Google XML SiteMap plugin:
Google XML SiteMap plugin generate a special XML SiteMap. This SiteMap help searches engines to better index your blog. Thus, Google crawlers can easily see the structure of your site and retrieve it efficiently. This plugin supports all kind of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally, it notifies search engine every time, when you create a news post.
The SiteMap feature is already included in WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin. It is a free plugin which allows you to boost your SiteMap file. This plugin helps you to create a dynamic SiteMap of WordPress blog which is adaptable for all search engines.
Features of Google XML SiteMap:
- It is available in many languages.
- Calculates a priority for each post, based on the number of comments.
- Includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the SiteMap.
- The user interfaces to customize all parameters like priorities etc.
- Generates automatically a sitemap for all types of WordPress pages.
Once you are done with creating an XML SiteMap for your WordPress blog or website, you have to submit it to Google webmaster tool. And, when you publish a new post, your sitemap will be automatically updated.
- Insert one link from your footer to your SiteMap page. This will ensure the proper indexing of all your links.
- Once you have created the SiteMap, submit it all search engines including Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask.com, etc.
If you have any queries about creating the SiteMap, please let me know in comment section.